Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I've been tagged!

Thanks to Healthy Perspectives for the tag!

The question is:
List 10 Things You Like About Yourself

I didn't realize how hard it would be to list 10. That's sad, there must be a psychological study in there somewhere!

1. My ability to think logically - not a feat that should be taken lightly! How many forwarded emails do you get daily from friends who SWEAR that Bill Gates is going to give you $100 if you send that email to 10 friends? How many times do you hear on the news about someone who actually SENT their bank account information to their newly discovered cousin in Nigeria?

2. My chili recipe - seriously, its the best. When my mother had given birth to my little brother (I was 16 then), she called me to make and bring to the hospital some of my chili. And I did. And she sat in the bed eating it, even though she had to breastfeed my poor baby brother. Go figure. It's THAT good.
3. my nose - I used to HATE my nose from about age 12 to 20. I really thought I'd get it "fixed" as soon as I could afford it. Somewhere along the line though, I began to appreciate it, and love it. It makes ME, me. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

4. My ability to have fun with my kids - I like that we can really have a gut busting, roll on the floor good time together, but I am still the boss and they respect that. I know some parents who are so stiff and authoritarian, that they can't just laugh and get down on the floor and lose it sometimes. I guess they think that will make them lose power. You have to strike a delicate balance between running your family, and making everyone WANT to spend an evening with you watching dvds.

5. My taste in music - I like pretty much everything, and I think that's a plus because I rarely find myself in a place where I think I'm going to stab myself in the ears if I have to hear one more minute of whatever is piping through the speakers. There is at least one artist of every genre that I really like, not just am aware of, but LIKE.

6. My eternal youth - I don't know what my age is supposed to "feel" like, but I feel much younger inside and look much younger outside. I think the minute I start thinking like I'm old (as I hear some of my friends say), then I will, indeed, be old.

7. My ability to figure things out - no, really, I'm not afraid to take something apart and at least try to fix it, as opposed to just not even trying and waiting on someone else to do it for me. I can't stand helplessness in anyone, man, woman or child.

8. My eyebrows - now I'm getting superficial because I've ran out of things to list. I've had thick eyebrows my whole life, I arch them, but I've never gone pencil thin despite many people trying to get me to. I like them the way they are, although I wish I could figure out how to get those nice thin "tails" on the end, but I don't trust anyone to do it for me, one slip and I'm all messed up!

9. My legacy - my children. I think they will do good things and make a difference in this world, so all of my hard work will be validated.

10. I like that I got tagged! I feel so special! Thank you!

I am going to tag Cleochatra because she is so doggone funny!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

OK, now this is different. I'm being tagged because you like me (you really like me!) and this is something different. I have two other tags I'm trying to avoid.

Now I am going to be in big trouble.

See, now you are both rational and make chili. There's something to that. I also think that thing you do with your eyebrows is very cool, too.

But I promised not to discuss that in polite company.

Jamie said...

And I want to add that I'm avoiding them not because I don't like the ladies who I am going to throttle for picking me, but because I feel bad picking even more people!

This is like Amish friendship bread. It's food spam! I'll feel so dirty!

Jamie said...

Did I mention I was raised with Jewish guilt?

Denise said...

See! That's why you get tagged!! You crack my stuff up!

I'll let you slide this time - it took me all day to finish my tag post!

Sophia M said...

Excellent list! Thank you for playing.

I would love to have your chili recipe. Please?

CJaneWinn said...

I've got good, thick eyebrows, too, LOL.

I think I got only 8 because the tag was a little different? I'd have had a hard time coming up with 10 anyway! You did a good job. :-)

Cleo is the greatest, isn't she?

Thanks for letting me know that you were the anonymous commenter...I was wondering who it could have been! Mystery solved, but I understand it's easy to do.

Denise said...

Thanks for stopping by, Lisa (I keep wanting to call you Jane!). Good to see you again!

I will be posting my chili recipe soon, as soon as I write it down, lol. I just do it from my head since I've been doing it for so long, and if I try to tell it to someone else, I might mess it up. But I promise I will try to write it down accurately and post it. :)